Source of Inspiration / Experimental Goal
- Simple diagnosis tool for the differentiated lesson (Students will get different worksheet by their level.)
- Building each student’s conversation using realia. (in their level - differentiated lesson)(Students will make their own conversation with their partner. Each students will have different topic to speak. By themselves, they will give directions to their partner.)
Learning Objective (What will learners know or be able to do after your lesson?)
- After this lesson, students will be able to give a transportation directions to somebody who don’t know.
- Specially, they need to make their own transportation directions for an event.
TEE Language Used
Review the topic
and learn new expressions
Today, we are going to learn a new word and write something. Let’s think about an expression that we learned last time. I want to get this park but I don’t know what to do. Can you make the question?
(Debriefing last lessons)
To get to the park, I need to take a bus and a subway. You can call this action “transfer (to)”.
Let’s practice using this word. If you will take a bus first and you will move to a subway right after the bus, you will say
“I take a bus and transfer to the subway.”
Let’s practice how to giving direction using the word “transfer (to)”.
Level test for leveled writing
Log in to the https://quizizz.com/join/ page, and enter the game code. Use your real name, not a nickname.
It is an individual activity. So please do it yourself.
There are 10 questions about what we learned in this chapter
After the game, review questions that you guessed incorrectly.
Q. How many questions will you get? (10 questions.)
Q. Will you do this with your partner? (No, I will do it alone.)
Q. What should you do after the quiz? (Review the questions.)
Let’s check the answer that you guys answered incorrectly
(Teacher will check the answer with low accuracy.)
Teacher will give you an envelope. In the envelope, you can find a ticket.
Take it out from the envelope and find out where you need to go. After that, find a way to get there using the subway map.
Today we will use only subway.
Meet their partner and find the answer
Find your partner who has the same ticket. With your partner, discuss how to get there. Choose a way, and practice explaining the directions to others.
Q. What transportation will you use today? (Subway)
Q. What will you do with your partner? ( Discuss how to get there.)
Q. What should you practice with your partner?
( Transportation direction)
Guided writing / leveled writing
Take out an invitation card from your envelope.
Write a card to your friend or family.
(Ss will take an invitation card from the envelope and write a card.)
<Examples of invitation>
There is a concert on July 17th.
I want to go there with you!
Let’s meet at Jangsan station at 7:00 o’clock.
To get there, follow these directions.
Go to Namsan station.
Take subway line 1 to Seomyeon station.
Transfer to subway line 2.
Take subway line 2 to Jangsan station.
2. Diagnosis tools for students (Quizizz)
3. Differentiated worksheets in four levels (1 to 4)